Close

Hybrid View

I will probably ruffle some feathers by saying this but, in the time it's taking the Peachy Printer to be released, there are several other 100$ printer projects popping up. The novelty of being the first or only 100$ 3d printer is gone. Most of them even have better print quality. Personally, i never thought the Peachy print quality was ever really any good in the first place, but it did sound like a promising, novel idea. To me, the Peachy Printer always felt like it belonged on instructables.com as a build guide, rather than a funded ks campaign...

I imagine this comment will spawn some negativity towards me, and i accept that. I'm just sharing an opinion and point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes View Post
    I will probably ruffle some feathers by saying this but, in the time it's taking the Peachy Printer to be released, there are several other 100$ printer projects popping up. The novelty of being the first or only 100$ 3d printer is gone. Most of them even have better print quality. Personally, i never thought the Peachy print quality was ever really any good in the first place, but it did sound like a promising, novel idea. To me, the Peachy Printer always felt like it belonged on instructables.com as a build guide, rather than a funded ks campaign...

I imagine this comment will spawn some negativity towards me, and i accept that. I'm just sharing an opinion and point of view.
    It only will spawn negativity if it is not true... Unfortunately, that seems to be the case, though!

I've searched the web many a time, and did so just again, but so far the peachy is the only one I could find, esp. in the resin category, for under $100, that is anywhere near complete for that price!
    Also, the design is open source, so yes, you can do it yourself, but the idea is that sourcing the needed parts will likely be as expensive, if not more so, than buying the peachy kit...

The biggest delay atm (as far as we are told, obviously) is the certifications for laser class and CEE...