I know I always see them on here myself but I'm in a time crunch if I ever intend to get a 3D printer for this year. I will be traveling for the next year and that means if I want to keep printing I need a travel size 3D printer. So I've narrowed my selection down to the 2 printers mentioned and honestly its a bit of a tie that maybe people with some experience can shed some light on.

My main use for the printer will be small projects for things like robotics, quadcopter parts, and other mechanical things. I'd also like to keep the price below $700 since this is to be a more temporary solution until the project I'm on is complete and I have an actual one location 9-5.

Micro 3D
Printer- $349 (+25 for white)
Filament - $14
Tak Sheets (3) - $18

Total = $406 + Shipping

Pros:
- Super compact
- Very small
- Simple
- Quiet

Cons:
- Slow
- Only prints with a PC connected
- Some quality issues in prints

Final thoughts: Incredibly compact and simple. Pretty hard to beat a system that's fit inside a 7.5" cube with nothing to get snagged or bent. Concerns come from a flimsier chassis, much slower printing speed, debatable print bed and some quality issues in the prints (could be software related).

Printrbot
Printer- $539 (kit)
Filament- $22
3M Tape- $15

Total = $576 (Free Shipping)

Pros:
- Amazing quality of parts
- Efficient speed
- Simple

Cons:
- Only prints with a PC connected
- A tad on the bulky side (if anyone can get me actual dimensions, all I can find are dimensions required for all axis to be in free motion)

Final thoughts: Seems like for the money this one offers much higher quality parts. Runs at a normal printing speed without making much more noise. Only issue could be how compact it gets and how well it survives being put in a shipping container every 3 weeks for a year (I've toyed with partially dissembling major components to make shipping easier?)

I personally have had no personal interaction with either printer. I want to hear it from people currently using either or who have some experience as to what their thoughts are on the matter.