Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    sorry if this is mentioned somewhere but what parts are actually different from the original double flex? I am in the process of assembling the double flex and don't want to reprint any unnecessary parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    sorry if this is mentioned somewhere but what parts are actually different from the original double flex? I am in the process of assembling the double flex and don't want to reprint any unnecessary parts.
    The extruder blocks themselves are different, with a new enclosed guide hole and tweaked tolerances in the filament channels. This is the most critical change for performance.

The idler blocks are different, with the forks removed, but the old extruder blocks with the forks on them will still fit and work fine if you already have them.

You will want the new Z probe with the extra holes if you're using a snap switch with an arm on it. The extra holes allow you to position the tip of the switch under the servo pivot, to reduce error sensitivity.

I think everything else will work fine, if you already have them printed and fitted. The new parts will print more easily and cleanly and will fit in most cases without any cleanup. The V1 parts needed a bit of trimming and sanding to fit together.