Close

Threaded View

Student

Smile [Solved] Multiple oddities

As you may have guessed: I'm new to 3D printing and I'm having issues with my printer. I've done several bed levelings, many many configuration changes, and googled/browsed forums for a few days now. Print qualities have improved only slightly since my first trials, the only thing I managed was to get the second extruder head to stop dragging through my prints.

Printer: CTC Bizer (Dual Head) (I think, it was given to me as a gift, and purchased from an ebay seller without much real data)
    Firmware: 7.2 (preinstalled, and reported by ReplicatorG)
    Software: ReplicatorG (MakerWare won't successfully print, connects but printing head drags through print)
    Settings:
    Extruder Temp: 185C-230C (Usually 195 or 200)
    Bed Temp: 55C-110C (Usually around 60-65)
    Infill: 10 (changing higher and lower doesn't seem to matter)
    Layer Height: 0.27
    Number of shells: 1
    Feedrate: 30 (Just tried 20, doesn't seem to improve much)
    Travel Feedrate: 30-90 (Doesn't change much, except minor print time improvements)

The problems are many, but I'll start with the basic ones and move up if we can solve these:
    Problem 1: When extruding the "raft" it rarely comes out in good shape (See image 2)
    Problem 2: Likely because of problem 1, the first few layers of an object aren't square/don't adhere well? (Happens at all temps/settings)
    Problem 3: Objects won't print without raft (printer head seems to drag through them, but they stick up a little almost like it wasn't pressed down into previous layers)
    Problem 4: Layers appear to drag/deform As seen on the little stick guy, and the octopus.

Upper layers tend to do better, but not always.

20151228_093614.jpg20151228_112212.jpg20151228_122238.jpg20151228_122032.jpg20151228_125205.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated.

(Note: I work nights, and will be sleeping soon I'll also still be browsing the forums to see if I can find a solution or more info)
    Last edited by TiredJuan; 12-29-2015 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Marking Solved