Quote Originally Posted by PyramidDave View Post
I made a few changes & got rid of some of the problems. The columns went away, but still have a little bit of spider webs & still have some rough edges. When going through the e-step calibration. It extruded 103 instead of 100. I changed the value initially from 885 to 860, but the calcs were off 4mm the other way. After 2 Trial & errors, e-steps of 865 gave me exactly 100mm. I have switched to slic3r 1.29a after spending some time configuring the settings. I really like that new version. Thanks big time for that suggestion. I changed the temperature to 210, then 205 for eSun PLA. That did not seem to make any difference. I just printed a delta Vertex corner that took over 7 hours & it came out better than my previous tests, so I am happy with the corrections for now. When I have some more time, I will play with the temperature settings some more to see if there is a magic number there.
Glad to hear it's working better.

I've been doing this for years, and I'm still tweaking as I learn more and as my threshold for "good enough" goes up.