Close

Plastic not sticking to plate

Having some problems with making 3D items. I can make small items(ie. generic items, mostly small flat items) with no problems, but everytime i try to make a large item like http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1150625/#files, the plastic keeps seperating from the plate near the front end. I wipe the plate down with Acetone after every use. Is the plate not hot enough? Couldn't find a way to change heat settings in Creator Pro - Replicator 040.

Also i read that its easier to to print from the SD card than over the USB wire. How do I move the file to the SD card? The Creator Pro can connect to the printer but the printer doesn't show up on my PC.

Apologies for what i'm sure are extremly noob questions.

Have you taken the sd card out of the printer and inserted it into a card reader in/attached to your computer?

Engineer-in-Training
    What kind of polymer are you using? PLA, ABS?
    Whats are your current settings (nozzle and bed temperature, print speed settings, etc)?
    Have you levelled the plate properly?
    What kind of surface material is the bed?

If you don't provide us with sufficient information, we can't do anything for you.........

Alibert is right. Without the correct info we can't really help much. That said, the lack of info suggests you are new, no? So...

Ditch RepG and use Makerware (sticky in this forum) or S3D and then calibrate your extruders (see the 'sailfish manual' sticky in this forum). Then get back to us.

Ok, switched to Makerbot, seems to give more info than Replicator.
    Plastic is ABS. did a preheat and extruder does 230 with Plate at 100. the file says Extruder is set for 100 while plate is set for 110. Extruder speed is set for 45mms and 150 for traveling.
    The plate is lvl'ed( spent several hours on that to get the test objects on SD card to come out right) As for the plate itself, i have no info on that. I'm guessing whatever the default plate Flashforge sent with the printer.

Bought a SD reader on my way home from work. I assumed with the USB cable the printer would show up on my system like any other USB attachment.
    Appreciate the help guys

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    If you have the blue build sticker then you should start be replacing it. Cleaning it with acetone destroys it'. Ask me how I know.. I now use glass and hairspray as it's much easier to get the print off the glass once it cools then off that build sticker that comes with the FFCP.

The larger the object the more important a properly trammed bed is. (it also needs to be somewhat (from corner to corner) flat also). The larger the object the more important your settings and environment are. I can't recommend S3D enough, and in my opinion well worth the money. I print almost exclusively with ABS, and depending on manufacture of filament I'm using, I typically use ~100c Bed temp with a 210-220c extruder temp.

I wanna get the basics down first before i move on to any advance stuff. I did get 2 blue pads as replacements if the first one goes bad.

Upping the temp on the bed by 10 degrees seems to have done the trick. have not seen any seperation yet from the plate. now i got an issue were the spindle in the back stops moving. Hoping it was jsut a glitch with the ABS slipping out of the spindle,