Close

Just bought FFCP, newbie needs advices

Hi
    I'm new to 3D Printer and I just ordered a FFCP along with some ABS, PLA and PETG but mostly PLA. I also got myself a Structure Sensor scanner.
    I would like to know if I need anything else to start the adventure?
    I read alot of ppl using all kinda materials for the bed like Kapton tape, glass, printer tape...etc and I dont know which is best for my FFCP? So the stock bed is not good enough?
    I would really appreciate it if you guys can give me some advices or recommendation so I can be ready to jump in.
    I know it can never be perfect but I just wanna have everything I need to start learning and printing.
    Thanks alot guys

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well first check this thread out: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...-Creator-forum

second, go to the flashforge section of the forum: http://3dprintboard.com/forumdisplay...ashForge-Forum

And spend the chrstmas break reading through that lot and you'll most likely get any questions you might have thoroughly answered :-)

For creator pro 3d printer, you don't need any tape to print a model as there is a heated bed already.

Engineer-in-Training
    The stock bed isn't removable, that alone makes a glass bed a must for me. Trying to pry off a stuck model inside the machine is a pain, and it screws up your leveling.

The blue build-tak the flashforge comes with works really well for both ABS and PLA, it's fine until it's been used a bunch then it starts getting finicky. ABS sticks really hard to it once it's been used a few times.

My advice is to use the printer as it comes and see what you don't like and let that inform your upgrades.