Close

Hybrid View

The only issue with larger prints is that more can go wrong the longer the printer is making the model - I've had prints take 12 hours and on the 11th... you guessed it... material warps or unsticks from the platform and an expensive chunk of useless PLA finds its way in the garden. This has been my experience with "consumer" 3D printers... industrial machines are far better though and more accurate so this isn't as much of an issue.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by CNCKing.com View Post
    The only issue with larger prints is that more can go wrong the longer the printer is making the model - I've had prints take 12 hours and on the 11th... you guessed it... material warps or unsticks from the platform and an expensive chunk of useless PLA finds its way in the garden. This has been my experience with "consumer" 3D printers... industrial machines are far better though and more accurate so this isn't as much of an issue.

Jon
    Interesting point Jon. Would you consider the helix an industrial printer or would that be considered a 'prosumer' product?

I want a good product, but I'd like a relatively affordable one as well since I would be just starting in this industry and I'm not sure how busy it would really be. You always hope you can bring in enough to make a profit but you never truly know until you try.

That being said, you want to be putting out a quality product as well, especially in the beginning. The challenge is finding that balance where you have a good machine at an affordable price that will bring in the business you want.