Close

Threaded View

Here are my settings that I will be using. I'm printing from a Flashforge Dreamer using S3D. Printing Blue PETG Inland brand.

Printing with Left extruder (Closes to Active Cooling Fan)
    I'm running the Active cooling fan starting at the 5th layer
    Extruder temp I set at 245 to start, then gradually reduce by 5 degrees each level till I reach 232.
    Bed Temp is set at 80. I'm liking how PETG sticks really well at 80, but as soon as it cools 10-20 it just pops right off.
    I'm using 1.5mm for retraction distance.
    Running 4 top solid layers and 4 bottom layers. (This is because my model has a few bridges and I want it water tight.)
    Going with 2 outline shells.
    I'm leveling the bed as normal and running the first layer height at 90%, width 100% and speed 20%.
    I'm printing at 50.0 mm/s.
    Bridging settings are,
    Unsupported area threshold set at 10.0 sq mm.
    Extra inflation distance set at 0.
    Bridging extrusion multiplier set at 80%
    Bridging speed multiplier set at 50 %.

Now this is what I have learned so far. To get good bonding you need high temp. To get a good bridge you want lower temp. So you have to find that fine line where you get a good bond and then a decent bridge. To me, bridging is temp. sensitive. If I set the extruder at 235, I get a noticeable sag in bridging compared to when I set it at 232. Its not terrible at 235 but not great either. So for my printer and the model I'm currently printing the perfect temp seems to be 232.

I'm no expert, but this is what I've learned so far. I've also found the below article to be helpful.

http://www.3dgeni.us/a-bridge-too-far/

Cheers!

Here is the bridge with these settings,
    Bridging2.jpg
    Last edited by SpragClutch; 12-11-2015 at 05:21 PM.