Close

Need help with Prusa i3

First off, thanks for taking the time to read this post.

I have built a Prusa i3 kit from Foldger Tech. It seems to be a decent enough kit. A friend of mine who is now 1200 miles away helped with the configuration setup, and I had it to the point where I could move the head, got the bed level and such.

Then I had to move. So I am finally back at it, and I tried to heat up the bed and the extruder and I get nothing. They don't heat at all. (I was using repeatier) I double checked the connections and I do not have loose wires, nor does anything to be shorted. I have also directly powered both the hot bed and the hot end, and they heat up fine and dandy.

At this point I am past the point of my limitations, I simply do not have the knowledge (yet) to understand where this is failing. Can someone give me some suggestions as to what I need to check next? Is this an issue with my software maybe?

TIA

Cybermastif

Student
    What about your thermisters? Are they reading the current temperatures of bed and hotend? I know the heaters won't even start if the thermister readings aren't good. I've had that problem with a loose wire. Make sure they aren't registering a negative number. Mine showed -26C which is close enough to room temp if you miss the minus sign.

Quote Originally Posted by vorkus View Post
    What about your thermisters? Are they reading the current temperatures of bed and hotend? I know the heaters won't even start if the thermister readings aren't good. I've had that problem with a loose wire. Make sure they aren't registering a negative number. Mine showed -26C which is close enough to room temp if you miss the minus sign.
    The thermisters are working correctly, registering the correct temperatures.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Cybermastif