Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
How is the positional accuracy? Are the printed parts on size, round, etc ? What about layer height? The site says it can do 0.005mm. Have you done anything that fine? Does the HPB actually go as high as 100°? You say you'vegone as high as 80° so...
Lastly, is it quiet? My FFCX is very noisy...
I like it. It looks quite rugged and like it can be easily enclosed and upgraded.
I haven't tried to measure the positioning accuracy. However and more to the point, I can tell you the repeatability is excellent : I have printed vertical rods / screws with excellent results. See the Spanner Hands vice photo for instance.

Tried it last night : yes it went to 100°C degrees. I can't say how homogeneous that was.

My usual layer settings are 0,1mm ; 0,15mm or 0,2mm. I haven't tried 0,05mm : never needed so far. I read somewhere on the PB twitter someone does it. Probably doable, but excruciatingly slow.

Is it quiet... as I said I don't have another one so I can't compare. It was certainly much better with some lube. The double hotend fans for the dual do make some noise, but it's a normal level, not out of control. I can have a conversation next to it without shouting, but I wouldn't stay in the same room for a 20 hours print.