Quote Originally Posted by NeilR View Post
I am planning on starting with the basic setup when I get my Peachy, so I can be sure I have it all figured out. Then I was thinking of using a larger container and getting the drip settings working just right. Now with the main tank ready to print I can simply us a 4",6" or larger tube in the tank to contain the resin, the tube would be weighted and have some holes at the base to allow the water in. This would allow for easy changing of print volume and minimize the resin need to cover the tank surface area. I would also think it might make calibration easy and consistent. Thoughts?
You're on the right track however, you would be better off having a movable dripper an close off the bottoms of your different size tubes, reason being the way you want to set it up it will take the same amount of time for all your prints meaning a 6" print will take the same time as a 12" print because the "z" has to fill the same volume regardless of print size. I'm doing something similar but using print chamber inserts and a movable dripper based on the size of the object I plan to print.