Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Hybrid View

I think that a lot of specific "keyword" domains are falling out of popularity recently. Take for instance, Thingiverse, Shapeways, Google, etc. Branding a totally unrelated phrase can be just as good as having a specific keyword. For example, Google.com does just fine, whereas Search.com isn't even a website. It's not just about the domain name, and you don't need an expensive domain name to build a web presence.

This is a place of discussion, not for active sales or ads, I will be issuing out warnings to all parties who spam domain sales here.

I've gone through and either deleted or modified certain posts in this thread to follow those rules. Please keep the discussion on point and free of sales.

Thanks
    Last edited by MeoWorks; 05-17-2014 at 12:34 AM.

3D domain which might work: up3d.com

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to do this, but I own up3d.com and am interested in selling. Pls reply and I can give you my contact info.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie View Post
    I've been looking for a good domain name for a 3D printing business i am considering starting up. i am looking for something generic like 3D printing.com, etc. i know what such a domain would cost me an arm and a leg though.

2 Questions.

- What do you think a domain like 3Dprinting.com or 3dprint.com is worth?

- Would a branded domain like 3dgirlz.com be memorable enough you think, or should I go with something more generic.

The business we be dealing with schools bringing them educational 3D printing material.

Follow Bobby Lin On Twitter Add Bobby Lin on Facebook Add Bobby Lin on Google+
    Hi! In order to find a good domain name for your 3d printing business, you need to do two things:

1. Identify the nature of your business.
    What is the area of expertise of your business? Is it 3d printing service for school? Jewelry? Kitchen utensils? etc.

2. Do some keyword research
    3d Printing word may be popular but you can have other keywords used. Go to Keyword planner to gain some insights of the keywords (with low competition but has a high monthly searches) and used it as your domain.

Bottom Line: Your domain name must reflect the nature of your business in one glance. It must be user-friendly, for your customers to easily remember. And most of all, the keyword you used will help you top the search engines for easy exposure in your business.

Good luck in starting up your business!

Follow Bobby Lin On Twitter Add Bobby Lin on Facebook Add Bobby Lin on Google+
    My recommendation would be to combine 3d printing and choose a keyword that reflects about the school or education. Make sure that your domain name is relevant to the purpose of your website.

Look up the word promote. As a student you surely realize that an offer of sale for financial gain fits that description perfectly.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345