Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Hybrid View

That SNL sketch was prescient.

In related news, 3dp4e.com was purchased this week for $4,635. The site looks like it has some articles, and I think it's supposed to be a guide for schools looking to incorporate 3D printing into their curriculums. It seems that this sale bodes well for 3dprinteducation.com & h3dp.com.

Maggie, are you attached to this 3dp4e project? Are you looking to do affiliate marketing, hardware reselling, or some other service involving 3d print education?

Banned
    Maggie, are you attached to this 3dp4e project? Are you looking to do affiliate marketing, hardware reselling, or some other service involving 3d print education?
    Sorry, no I'm not attached to it. I might be interested in affiliate marketing at some point, but probably not now.
    I've bought like 60 different 3d printing related domains.
    I can't believe how many people out there really stocked up on 3d printing domains. I guess I'm not the only one that thinks 3D printing is the future

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Yea, I bought about 6 domains. I have an idea for one of them but will just sit on the others as they are generic and might be desirable to someone at some point. The good ones are going fast but there are still a lot available if you get creative.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Student
    If your having trouble thinking of a creative domain name, try using this outline to boost creativity: 3D[specialty][state located].com - example: 3DshoesNY.com or 3DpartsMN.com. It would be best to find a domain with two words (3Dprinted.com) that's available, that you could own both the 2 word version and the 2 word state specific version (3DprintedCA.com). Hope that helps.
    -Mike

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Yes, that's a good suggestion. I purchased '3dprintedusa.com' just last week. There are still good ones available.
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Technologist
    I don't know if stockpiling URL's is the best investment... Personally I'm skeptical. Who knows if we'll even need URL's in the next 5-10 years.

And will people opt to buy "3Dprinted" related URL's at higher prices or just come up with original names?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by squadus View Post
    I don't know if stockpiling URL's is the best investment... Personally I'm skeptical. Who knows if we'll even need URL's in the next 5-10 years.

And will people opt to buy "3Dprinted" related URL's at higher prices or just come up with original names?
    I got tired of trying to find a '3d' titles domain, i havent done anything with it yet, but came up with www.prints2life.com .. obviously based around printing objects for people, but I need more and better machines I've decided. Currently my machine is so busy I dont get time for my own stuff :/

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by squadus View Post

Who knows if well need social media in the next 5-10 years? maybe in the future everyone knows that huge companies sell their data for tax incentives, and everyone boycotts the offenders, making .coms the new way to instant message because its the most secure. I'd rather have a dozen domain names that sound good than to be stuck with some stupid unmemorable one later on. but i guess the solution to that would be to make a new .whatevever, specifically for social media type shit. you can't play the what if game without getting a little far out right?

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    That's what makes it fun. No one knows. It's like playing the stock market or buying lottery tickets. I have no problem buying a few domain names. The thing you have to understand is not to pay more for them then you are willing to completely lose. I'm very comfortable with the small amount of money I've paid to own some domain names. I plan to use 2 of the 8 I have and if the others just wither and die, then it really doesn't matter. It's still just fun to speculate and play "what if" now and then. You never win anything if you don't play and I think buying a few domain names is infinitely more sound than buying a lottery ticket every week.
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Mike - You bring up an interesting point. In terms of the new domain extensions, I believe few will succeed in the long run. A big hurdle is that extensions that are too similar to each other, like .photo, .photos, .pictures, and .pics, make it impossible for people to remember a company's domain name.
    If someone advertises "Sarasota.pictures" through other media, a huge amount of people will just go to sarasota.pics, sarasota.photos, or even sarasotapictures.com.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast