Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Banned
    3DFuture, do you know what price 3DPrinting.Guru sold for. I'm just curious.

thanks!

Maggie,
    I couldn't find the exact sales price on Google. But just for reference, here is the link to an article about the 3DPrinting.Guru sale. http://domainshane.com/was-3dprintin...new-gtld-ever/

MessierGoal,
    I think it will take some time before 3D Printing realizes even half of its potential. However, the 3D Printing market is widely expected to undergo double-digit growth over the next decade. So, as more 3D Printing startups become established each year, the demand for 3d printing domains correspondingly rises.
    Although ipv6 may partially augment domain names once the Internet of Things takes off, I think that domain names will still be around in order to facilitate branding.

keywords in url

I can answer you that the domain name is not the only important thing for a website, a simple name sometimes holds better than composite name at google it to cons by importance, for example my case 3d-printer-files.com was already taken so I played on the second keywords and I bought 3d-printing-files.com the goal is to reach the top without having more links.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dprintingfiles View Post
    I can answer you that the domain name is not the only important thing for a website, a simple name sometimes holds better than composite name at google it to cons by importance, for example my case 3d-printer-files.com was already taken so I played on the second keywords and I bought 3d-printing-files.com the goal is to reach the top without having more links.
    I believe that the domain name 3dprintingfiles.com would rank higher than 3d-printing-files.com on domain name alone in google. I remember a while back this wasn't the case, but I think google has changes their algorithm to not favor domains with hyphens in them as much. I personally like shorter domain names. Easier to remember and type in than the longer ones.

Hello,

yes you are right but without hyphens it is even more difficult to remember for me, this is why I Chosin hyphens.

@3DFuture - What is ipv6? How will ipv6 augment domain names? What is going to happen once the Internet of Things takes off?

How will the Internet of Things decrease the need for domain names?

@3DSavvy: Although I have a rather rudimentary understanding of the ipv6, which looks to be an alternate internet addressing system, I would like to share my thoughts about the broader relationship between the Internet of Things (Iot) and domain names.

An analogy that might be fitting is that of phone apps. When you use an app on your phone, you typically don't plug in a website address every time you use it. Rather, you access it through a standalone app. However, the majority of app developers have their own domain sites, in order to promote and explain their app, as well as sell ancillary services. So while people don't plug in a domain name every single time they access an app, the commercial aspect of these apps has increased demand for more app-related domains. It is literally impossible to find any two-word domain which has "app" as its suffix, and virtually impossible to find any two-word domain with "app" as its prefix.

Similarly, I think that the IoT may use some kind of alternate addressing system to connect devices to the internet, namely in the form of apps. And certainly, some devices which are to be connected, like thermostats, lack the interface for textual browsing. However, companies that sell IoT-related devices/services will still need domain sites to promote, and notify consumers of, their businesses. Even if your smart-thermostat never requires the input of particular domain names, the IoT device's point-of-purchase will be on the manufacturer's domain site.

So, the IoT's use of an alternate internet address system may very well augment the use of, and increase demand for, domain names.

Student
    I just sealed my domain name WiZE3D.com My tip to you is to be creative. Think outside the box. It's not worth spending 1,000's on something you can get for less than $10.
    -Mike

Mike- Good luck on your new endeavor; I like the trap/dutch house soundtrack to your promo video. Keep us updated on the progress of your site, so people can learn the pros and cons of a brandable domain (WiZE3D.com) versus a keyword domain (3DPrintWebsite.com).

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    For whatever reason, this reminds me of the Saturday Night Live skit where there's the law firm that took too long to make their website, and they were stuck with the worst url ever...

I'm not going to put the url here, it's not exactly appropriate, but some of you should know to what I refer.
    Don't look it up at work, or on any work accounts.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast