Sorry, missed the joke.

Both extruders work during loading. I think the issue is with the software. I went back to something I printed a few weeks back and it printed it perfectly. Had a good raft, and there were no issues. Then I reloaded the same stl file in Makerbot, set it to print on the right extruder and it wouldn't print the raft. So I suspect that something in the Makerbot settings is mucked up.

I also tried printing something that I did weeks ago on the left extruder and it also printed to the left extruder as expected, and it printed the raft properly.

Does anyone have a full list of their preferred settings for Makerbot, printing pla that I could use to double check my custom values on my makerbot? Hopefully I can find which value/s are screwed up and causing the issues. Alternately, please look at the attached picture which consists of multiple screen shots of the custom settings I am using. I don't know if it is readable, as now I have uploaded it, it is very small, but l'll see how it goes. I could email to anyone who can't read it and doesn't mind taking a look.
Device Settings.jpg

This would be really helpful and appreciated.