Quote Originally Posted by harpo99999 View Post
my guess would be that it could be possible to use ANY UV setting liquid resin, just might have to play with the beam speeds during the print if te resin is slower curing than the peachy juice
Thanks, I'm glad to hear that trying out other resins should be possible.

But was there any reason to choose resin with 8% shrinkage for Paechy Juice? I guess higher the surface tension, worse the resolution and quality will be. So, it would be nice to know what's the surface tension of current Peachy Juice in dyn/cm? At the moment I have no idea if official Peachy Juice is just typical resin or is it a resin with exceptionally low surface tension. If somebody could answer this I would be very grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_biddell View Post
I have become increasingly convinced that the surface tension can be mitigated by floating a 'thin' layer of pure water on top of the resin. So you have brine in the normal way, then resin and then on top of the resin, say 0.5 cm of pure water i.e. 3 layers.
This is interesting idea, but probably software will need to take refraction into account to prevent precision loss. Some loss of precision may still happen, but if surface tension was causing more problems, overall precision may improve (or may become worse, it is hard to tell without experimenting).