When you see it does it look like the layer is not sticking to the previous layer and curling up in the areas where the ripple is or does it look like the hotend is dragging across the previous layer?

Quote Originally Posted by lovincup View Post
Thanks guys,

@Chadd - yes I can see it happening but I cannot figure out why. Going to look more closely as I work through it.

@Roxy - good thought as it seems shorter runs are less susceptible to this issue. I will give it a shot

@Bobby Lin - Belt tension was also on my list of troubleshooting steps but I forgot to add it to my opening post list. The fact that the first layer is perfect had me looking looking elsewhere. It has been a while since I've checked the Y idlers against the rails, but I am pretty sure they are good. I did look at the x carriage path along the v rails thinking filament flakes or something could be on the rail, no such luck.

You all have given me some food for thought. When I get home I will try your suggestions. My gut still makes me think it's something in the extruder. I have a .4 nozzle that I will try while I acetone bath my .35 to clean and rule out partial cloggage. I will update once I have had a chance to work on it.

Thank you.