Close

Hybrid View

Thankyou , very helpful

Will think of other questions to ask

10418458_792995834081139_1638491326844594249_n.jpg ok so this is what i currently make with a silicone mold , but it has hinges which are a pain & the halves don't fit exactly so it needs sanding & drilling.
    So I have got hold of a polystyrene ball from a craft shop that opens in to two halves and slots together nicely , I was thinking of , sealing decorating and adding feet to it ( similar to above ) & making a silicone mold from that. But obviously as it slots together it would need to be exact which is difficult with my limited experience.

I usually use one piece molds so these boxes are very complicated for me & take a lot of silicone and time , but something i would like to make more of.

How easy is Cad to learn , its the cutting out inside the sphere to make the two halves interlock neatly that I imagine i'd have the most problem with (as with silicone casting)

"How easy is Cad to learn"? Unless you own CAD already, I would suggest a free version or even Sketchup to learn how to model. I have no training except for what I have learned on line with all the free tutorials out there and this would be easy to produce in one of the free versions.