Close

Thread: Leaky Hot End

Hybrid View

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    And while you have it apart, clean off the end mating surfaces of the barrel and the nozzle as meticulously as you can. I even de-burr the components by rotating them around on a piece of super fine hobby sandpaper. Those surfaces need to mate perfectly or you'll have another leak.

Student
    I took everything apart and assembled it like you all specified. I also included some teflon on the heat barrel threads. After I mounted it on my extruder, I tried to manually extrude some filament (this happened at 180˚C). Apparently the pressure was too much for the nozzle, which popped off. And this isn't a problem where the threads stripped, the nozzle literally broke at the point where it meets the heat block and fell off. I must have weakened it somehow when pulling it apart and putting it together, but there were no visible signs of cracks, torsion, etc. Unbelievable.
    Since I am done dealing with hotends, I'm doing some research to find a hotend that works out of the box. I really appreciate the advice everyone gave me, your instructions were fine but I must have messed up somewhere.