Close

Thread: 12" I3V Build

Hybrid View

Technician
    Oh and how freely should the delron wheels turn? Really tightening the screws on the aluminum build plate makes it so they can't turn. Can't get things that tight on the wood. Loosening it so the wheels turn really freely more than just the wheels turn. What I think is the best middle ground between the two still has the wheels a little stiffer than I'd like. Is it preferrable to have a the wheels a little stiff to help keep things under control?

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin B View Post
    Oh and how freely should the delron wheels turn? Really tightening the screws on the aluminum build plate makes it so they can't turn. Can't get things that tight on the wood. Loosening it so the wheels turn really freely more than just the wheels turn. What I think is the best middle ground between the two still has the wheels a little stiffer than I'd like. Is it preferrable to have a the wheels a little stiff to help keep things under control?
    You want the wheels to spin but not wiggle or be loose on the rail.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
    You want the wheels to spin but not wiggle or be loose on the rail.
    By spin do you mean you start them turning and they will continue to spin on their own, or just that they turn with minimal force? Seems tricky to get them tight enough to not wobble and still spin freely enough to continue turning on their own once started.