Close

'Mister Handy' From Fallout 4 Gets 3D Printed

Fallout 4 lead artist Istvan Pely and Mister Handy designer Dennis Mejillones needed to make the Mister Handy robot, one of the first things that the game player sees, feel as realistic as possible. Because game consoles are becoming so powerful and considering how advanced robotics have become, if Mister Handy’s arms didn’t work the way real robotic arms work then it would be immediately noticed. Mejillones turned to rapid prototyping to check his design, and after 3D printing all of the robot's parts glaring design flaw in the arm joints became apparent. He redesigned the joints, and his detailed 3D model was used to construct a massive, life-sized version of Mister Handy for E3 2015. Check out more details at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/102629/3dp-fallout-4-mister-handy/

Wait, are they saying that's from the in-game model? Damn...now I know I'm gonna need that second GPU, or a CPU upgrade...

btw, no link to this forum thread in the article, the link instead goes to an image. I had to find the thread. (Edit: woo, fixed!)
    Last edited by Bakamoichigei; 10-28-2015 at 04:49 PM.