Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by KMToydarian View Post
    Printed with Inland silver PLA from MicroCenter.
    Spool fits well on the holder and turns easily. Same size as sample Mew Matter Roll, except deeper (1kg)

I printed this by uploading the STL to my library, so it used all New Matter settings. Temp was fine.
    I have also printed by uploading GCode from Cura through the desktop utility. Some models I have are support free, and the New Matter slicer added support in the middle of parts that don't need it, making holes for attaching pins difficult to clean.
    Looks great! Very smooth! Did you sand it?
    Didn't know about Cura, downloading now - Been playing around with tinkercad, will try Cura as well

The Inland "silver" is pretty much a grey. Hatchbox silver PLA is a bit darker, and more silvery.

I didn't do any post processing Came off the printer like that. It did have support under the plate, as there is a recess in the middle over the switch, so I removed those, but thats it. I did have to glue back one of the small prongs that broke while removing it from the bed. But that is probably a PLA thing, more than a printer thing. More brittle, and parts made vertically will always be weaker due to the layers.