So I hope this is the right forum for this. Basically, I have a very small part that is a gear for a Walkman. It's only 7mm overall in diameter and 1.3mm tall (picture of model attached). The print resolution of the Replicator 2 is .1 mm so I made a point of making every dimension on the part rounded up to the nearest .1 mm. Overall, the part is printing fine, but I'm getting a very odd result where the printer is not printing any of the teeth starting at the base, but then suddenly prints the teeth for the last two layers are the very top, leaving just a cylinder below it. I tried redrawing the part to see if that would make a difference (which it shouldn't since the STL output should be the same), but no luck.

It seems to me that the printer should be able to handle this just fine. Overall, it's a clean print and the teeth that it does print look really good. I'm assuming I'm missing something in the settings for the export in makerware or something, but I can't seem to figure it out. Has anyone here had a similar problem?

gear.jpg