Close

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

The obvious thing is motors moving in inverse directions. You might also have unresponsive endstops if I didn't get their settings right.

If you can successfully do a G28 then you're off to a really good start.

Technician
    so i have new hot end (not installed yet) I got all software installed , repietier seems alot nicer btw. When i hit home (g28) It trys to dig to china. I can hit endstops and it seems to be firne on those.... whay to do to fix motor direction?

Technician
    nvm I found that , g28 seems to work!!!!! ..............now what? Should i test everything else ? proper directions when moving head.... extruder heating.... fan coming on ? or is there something else?
    Im getting kinda excited

Quote Originally Posted by Nickschaos81 View Post
    nvm I found that , g28 seems to work!!!!! ..............now what? Should i test everything else ? proper directions when moving head.... extruder heating.... fan coming on ? or is there something else?
    Im getting kinda excited
    haha dig to china. That's good.

Did you get the latest version Repetier-Host installed? If so, you can connect using that and make EEPROM changes using Config -> Firmware EEPROM Configuration. This is where a lot of your calibration settings are.

The next steps would be dialing in your calibration settings. Z-Height, Diagonal Rod Length and Horizontal Radius. All of these I plugged in from the Marlin configuration.h file you linked in your dropbox, but that doesn't mean their perfect. Z-Height first, which should be easy. Make sure at Z0 X0 Y0 passes the paper height test. Increase or decrease Zheight in EEPROM to adjust. Always do a G28 after eeprom changes. Sorry, I'm in class right now, but it sounds like you're off to a great start.

After calibration you should start looking into the extruder motor. Bring you hot end up to temperature and try to extrude some filament. Hopefully it extrudes in the right direction haha.

Technician
    okay so i am back to where i started , everything seems fine up to the horizontal rod radius .... changing the value , even to the extreme , changes nothing.

First g28 , then i raised my z height from 338.9 to 350
    Then I used these cords.(g1 x0 y66 , g1 x057 y-33 , g1 x57 y-33 )
    I took a measurement from print head to bed with paper height readings were as follows
    z 1.10 x 1.00 y .30 , I moved my set screw on each to dial them all in to 1.00
    now i measured middled at 11.30 no matter how I adjust the Horizontal rod radius , I can not get it to come any closer to 1.00

I feel like im doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickschaos81 View Post
    okay so i am back to where i started , everything seems fine up to the horizontal rod radius .... changing the value , even to the extreme , changes nothing.

First g28 , then i raised my z height from 338.9 to 350
    Then I used these cords.(g1 x0 y66 , g1 x057 y-33 , g1 x57 y-33 )
    I took a measurement from print head to bed with paper height readings were as follows
    z 1.10 x 1.00 y .30 , I moved my set screw on each to dial them all in to 1.00
    now i measured middled at 11.30 no matter how I adjust the Horizontal rod radius , I can not get it to come any closer to 1.00

I feel like im doing something wrong.

I don't think I'm following you.

What is the height of your print head to bed at the 4 following locations (in mm):

Z0 X0 Y0
    Z0 X0 Y66
    Z0 X57 Y-33
    Z0 X57 -Y33
    Last edited by LuckyImperial; 10-29-2015 at 11:20 PM.

Technician
    okay so I did your test. I made z0x0y0 perfect , then measured the others i get a pretty even 3/8 which is 9.52 mm thats just close thou, i dont have a means to really measureunder the head.
    so yea lol

Technician
    i think i might be able to get an accurate exact reading , do you need it exact

Technician
    okay so i adjusted the horizontal offset and noticed that if i adjust the offset then move the the head to the defined area you gave me, it moves beyond the bed. so were y66 would stop at the edge , if i increase the horizontal offset it moves beyond the the edge. maybe that will help in figuring out what im doing wrong

Now that you have the X0 Y0 Z0 nozzle height correct you just gotta get Diagonal Rod Length and Horizontal Rod Offset dialed in.

You're using Repetier-Host to make your eeprom changes right? Make changes 1-3mm at a time. Gross changes are good to show that you're making a difference (which it sounds like you are) but may damage your printer if you start going too far.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast