Close

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Technician
    okay so i adjusted the horizontal offset and noticed that if i adjust the offset then move the the head to the defined area you gave me, it moves beyond the bed. so were y66 would stop at the edge , if i increase the horizontal offset it moves beyond the the edge. maybe that will help in figuring out what im doing wrong

Now that you have the X0 Y0 Z0 nozzle height correct you just gotta get Diagonal Rod Length and Horizontal Rod Offset dialed in.

You're using Repetier-Host to make your eeprom changes right? Make changes 1-3mm at a time. Gross changes are good to show that you're making a difference (which it sounds like you are) but may damage your printer if you start going too far.

Technician
    Thanks , I'll mess with this tonight, then on to the extruder motor and calibrating it.

Technician
    okay now im getting excited , finally have this step working. one minor problem. z and y seem to be about the same as middle , but the x tower , the head moves up. how do i adjust just one tower?

That's an endstop that's off. You need to either physically move your x endstop down or use a trimming screw if you have it.

I really hope you have trimming screws haha. Makes it a lot easier.

Technician
    i do have screws , but i did notice in the eeprom settings that i can set endstop offset, that work the same way ? and can you point me in the right direction for extruder calibration? i feel like im getting close to printing something

Technician
    i got it , its either dead on or off by .1 im pretty sure thats in tolerence so happy right now. going to bed lol. yea next on to the extruder motor calibration , and swapping the hotend..... THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, I CAN SEE IT!
    so how do i calibrate that there extruder motor again , and side note , what should i do about retract, saw you guys talking about that in previous post

Yeah that should work the same same way. Give it a shot.

Extruder calibration has two factors.
    1. Steps/mm. Usually called Esteps/mm. You can extrude 100mm and then measure it to see if it's 100mm. Increase Esteps if you're short or decrease if it's long. My sweet spot is usually a little less, like 80mm, but it varies. This is non melted plastic, before it goes into the hot end.

2. Retraction. Usually 2-5mm. Don't do too fast or accelerate too fast or you will strip the filament. Retraction settings can also be found in Slic3r or whatever slicing program you use.

Technician
    im not seeing esteps in the epprom setting on repiteir host , am i looking in the wrong spot or is it steps per mm ? for the extruder

and for the retraction , basically start small ... right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickschaos81 View Post
    im not seeing esteps in the epprom setting on repiteir host , am i looking in the wrong spot or is it steps per mm ? for the extruder

and for the retraction , basically start small ... right ?

It should be like "Extr1. steps per mm"

Retraction is pretty much always necessary. 2mm is a legitimate starting place. It can be adjusted in 1mm increments. Anything more than 7mm may cause the plastic melt zone to retract into the cooling zone and cause a jam. It kind of depends on the length of your bowden tube though.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast