Close

Hybrid View

Banned
    Have you made props for any films I may have seen using 3D printing? Also, what are some of your future project?

Student
    Add Lael Lee on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSox2013 View Post
    Have you made props for any films I may have seen using 3D printing? Also, what are some of your future project?
    Nothing to brag about I have only been working with 3d printing for the last few years, and didn't originally intend for this to be a career choice. I have done small-set and stage work, as well as props and display pieces for promotional groups who are paid by the studios to advertise, so there's that I suppose....

As for future projects, too many. I'm currently trying to refine the engineering on a 3d-printable animatronics system in kit-form that uses electromyography (I know, a $10 word) for control. Essentially, the system is an expandable component-based kit that would allow people to 3d print and custom-build anything from a robotic head with controllable facial features, to even an articulated prosthetic limb and sensory feedback, all controlled by muscle sensors on the user. Definitely a lot of troubleshooting, but companies like Advancer Technologies have allowed 'garage-engineers' like me to design and develop some amazing stuff at a level that was not possible even 5 years ago for someone not in the industry.