Hi all,

First, this is my first post on this forum.. so hello

We recently obtained a new MakerBot 5th gen and were really excited, but everything I've printed has not looked good at all. We tried to print a couple things off Thingiverse and they were very rough and stringy. The preloaded nut and bolt that is installed on the MakerBot itself also printed rough and stringy - so bad that you couldn't put the nut on the bolt. I've tried to reprint using different temps and speeds but have had no luck. I also tried using the exact settings we are using on a MakerBot Replicator 2 in a different part of our company and it still hasn't worked. What I find most frustrating is we also purchased a $320 M3D and its printing 10X better than the MakerBot... How can this be? I even had to send back an extruder after 4 prints / 24 hours print time.

Below are some pictures of our results. I've tried using rafts and support but our problems are with the parts that don't require support... The blue objects were printed on the MakerBot and the orange was printed on the M3D.

Thanks in advance.

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

IMG_3415.JPG