Close

Xcaliboard 3D print Board on Kickstarter

The Xcaliboard 3D printing board has launched on Kickstarter seeking $10k in funding:
    http://3dprint.com/xcaliboard-3d-pri...arter-project/

The project lasts until March 15th, and the first board will be shipped in April.

Thank you for this, I am on the team that created the board and you guys didn't have to do all this, thank you for your support and the nice article. I never expected to just find this without asking, I am genuinely blown away. If there is any other information you would like on the product please let me know, again thank you. Let me know if you have any need or use for one of our boards, we are going to update the kickstarter in a couple of days with an unlock for a LCD screen, so stay tuned and thanks again for your support.

The Xcaliboard team

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    No problem. Best of luck to your kickstarter campaign!
    Eddie

Thanks again eddie, we were wondering if you guys had a press release package and if not, we wanted to know if we could use your logo featured in a "as seen on" feature for our kickstarter, let me know what you think.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, yes you can use the logo of this site as well as 3DPrint.com.

We do not have a Press package yet. 3DPrint.com is 2 weeks old, and this forum only a few months. Haven't had time for that yet

Engineer
    jeremy, so i and our other members im sure are curious as to the details of the board. so what are the advantages of the Xcaliboard over other controller boards? my printer is using the Rambo board from ultimachine. i have never really had a problem with it. it has always worked fantastic. what does your board bring to the table that the rambo board, and others, dont?

The Rambo is a good board, no doubt there. But with the Rambos extra features comes the price of $180, ours is currently going for $100, but like I said the Rambo does have some extra features. The Xcaliboard can be compared to a printrboard they have more similar features than that of the Rambo. One of our advantages is production process, we have found ways to produce these control boards more efficiently and as a result more affordably. Our final 3D printer control board price on kickstarter is $115, still a deal considering other boards like it sell for $130 and they don't have our attractive case, something we honestly felt was missing from control boards. Don't get me wrong i like bare circuits as much as the next guy, but sometimes you need to suit up. We plan on keeping our prices as low as possible, it was a goal of mine to keep these boards as affordable and available as possible. The Rambo is currently out of stock, up until about a week ago printrbot didn't have their control board even listed for sale on the website. (it is there now for $129 no shipping, we are trying to work shipping into our price and are getting close) We are aiming to keep the Xcaliboard in stock, all the time ready to go. We have some more updates and features for the board and the firmware that we will be showing during this kickstarter, possibly starting tuesday, these will highlight our advantages concerning technology and firmware better, so please check back for updates. Thank you again for your interest in our project, i'll be sure to check back and keep this feed updated

Engineer
    that was some good info jeremy, thank you!

@Xcaliboard - Great looking board! Very interested... One issue, Can you connect an LCD to this?
    If yes, can you use standard (RAMPS) LCD control panels?

Edit: One more Q: I'm using auto bed-leveling, can this support a servo as it has 4 end stop connection points?
    Last edited by Kingoddball; 02-09-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Tried to pledge but apparently, it's the subject of an intellectual property dispute!