Close

Hybrid View

NewMatter Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by hsus View Post
    Thanks for jumping in, I totally get your priorities! Is your filament "pure" PLA? Please correct me if I'm wrong but I've read somewhere that higher end "PLA" filament isn't just PLA but often mixed with something else (like the aforementioned colorfabb PLA with PHA). I'm specifically interested in this as I'm considering different post-print procedures
    Our filament would be considered pure PLA in that there is not any other plastics mixed in and for any post processing it could be considered pure PLA.

However there are additives that are used to get the different colors and to make it easier to manufacture as filament. The Midnight Black and the Polar White in particular have fairly high ‘filler’ to get the more opaque color. The Matural color has the least additives.

We can't wait to see how you post process yours!

Quote Originally Posted by NewMatter View Post
    Our filament would be considered pure PLA in that there is not any other plastics mixed in and for any post processing it could be considered pure PLA.

However there are additives that are used to get the different colors and to make it easier to manufacture as filament. The Midnight Black and the Polar White in particular have fairly high ‘filler’ to get the more opaque color. The Matural color has the least additives.

We can't wait to see how you post process yours!
    You know, looking back, I think I've narrowed down my print quality issues with one post.

Using the initial 0.5kg of pink filament the printer came with, the only issue I had with the printer were wifi connectivity related. I changed filament, and now I'm getting z banding issues and adhesion issues on top of the wifi connectivity issues. Guess which colors I've been trying!