Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes View Post
    i absolutely love that neon green on your machine, Kyo. Looking to purchase a folger prusa i3 kit in the following weeks and I would love it to be in that color.
    That color is peak green, I should be getting more of it here when I place my next filament order. I really like it as well. I was hoping for something really bright and neon when i ordered it, but prefer how this turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonfreeland View Post
    Kyo, that looks a lot like a beltless Mendelmax 3. Nicely done.
    Thank You, I am really liking it. In the planning stages of another one a bit smaller for a friend just have to order the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    That is a really nice looking printer. But will it move fast with lead screws on all axis?
    No prints as of yet, still need to mount my heat bed and order more filament. But from my jogging tests setting up and dialling in the firmware, it should be faster then I could ever need to print. I will throw up a video of it printing at speed once complete..

I made a spare printed parts kit for this printer i could sale if any one wanted to build there own. just shoot me a pm..

Kyo, that looks a lot like a beltless Mendelmax 3. Nicely done.

That is a really nice looking printer. But will it move fast with lead screws on all axis?

Roxy-- Here is a video I made a little while back showing movement and homing, Things were turned down here as it was only a test.

Banned
    Cool machine kyo. what were you using for anti backlash on the rods?

Currently I am not using a adjustable or anti-backlash nut on my lead screws. Instead I chose to go with a quite maintenance free grease free tribological resin nut..

Speed test: 100mm/s.. Drivers get a bit warm when running 100-120mm/s for a length of time but I have some upgraded ones coming in the mail..

After a few days tuning my drivers / motors and dialing in my firmware, I started to get some good prints!

PLA
    Nozzle 190 *c
    Glass Bed ( with tape no heat bed )
    60 mm/s
    0.35 First Layer Height
    0.2 Layer Height
    0% Infill Pink Panther ( 20% Hexagon Infill For 3DBenchy )
    3 perimeter layers

I should probably start a build thread or something for this vs cluttering up this thread... lol sorry guys.

Thats awsome mate looks really smooth moving! Whats the build volume on the printer? Also are you using the openbuild acme blocks?

Thanks, build volume is x 300 y 300 z 280 but I currently have Z-axis limited to 200 in firmware right now. No, while i am using openbuilds V-slot. The z axis lead screws and nuts are the 10mm ones from a mendel max and the x and y axis are custom order from misumi.

I would dearly love to get rid of the Y axis belts on the two MM3s I work on. Slippage on those is the biggest problem with prints I've run into, on them.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast