Close

Threaded View

Engineer-in-Training
    A stunning difference, and also a good out-of-the-box of the performance of S3D I guess. You will need to untick the Print-O-Matic box and do some tweaking in RepG to get better results with that.

I forked down the $145 for a S3D license a long time ago and am very glad I did so (compared to the total sum of the four 3d printers I bought a very small amount of money). It is a very capable slicer with a lot of advanced features such as different settings for different objects on the same table (which I use a lot) and a good dual color capability with an oozing shield. The more-or-less out of the box comparison above is evident.

I started with repg myself two years ago and could get good prints but it needed many hours of tweaking the parameters to get things right. Looking at your print I would guess that the extruder settings are putting out too much plastic.

As to the elephant feet effect, first try lowering the bed temperature to the range of 90-100 C. With 3Dlac on glass I still get excellent first layers at those temps, and it reduces the effect you see. Another benefit is that the heating time is shortened. If that doesn't help enough, then you can try modifying the nozzel temperature at different layer heights in the first part to counter the effect.
    Last edited by Alibert; 10-06-2015 at 12:57 AM.