Hello,

I am new here and I am also new to 3D printing and the Flashforge Creator Pro is my first 3D Printer. I was very excited to get into the world of 3D Printing as a hobby along with my other hobbies that include DIY electronics such as those at Adafruit and programming. However, I have not had any luck getting started after having the printer for a week. I understand that 3D Printing is very new and will have a lot of tinkering and hard work and won't be easy, but here is the trouble I am having.

I am not able to get the Hatchbox PLA I purchased to work. It will not extrude at all. When I fed in the filament using the instructions in the PDF manual sent by Tang at Amazon Flashforge support using the LCD screen on the printer I was pushing it in and it felt like it kept on going in, I felt the motors and hear clicking. It did grab the filament and I could not pull it out. I had to do unload to remove it.

The settings I used were the default settings which I think was around 230C? That may have been too hot for PLA and scorched some and I may have a clog. But, it didn't look like anything happened. The end of the PLA didn't show anything obvious it still looked the same. Still when I emailed Tang he said I may have a clog in the teflon tube and will need to remove the nozzle to replace it with one of the spares. Is it really difficult to remove the nozzle? I don't have the tools right now but I ordered a 9mm wrench, but I am not sure. Are there any other easier ways to safely clean the nozzle or any clogs?

Is it normal to get a clog this easy with just loading it in the first time? I knew it needs maintenance and may need some tinkering and taking apart, but I didn't expect it before I could even get a drop of filament to come through let alone before my first 3D Print....

Note: I have not tried the right extruder yet.. The hatchbox filament doesn't fit on the spool holders so I had a local 3D hubs print a spool holder because I didn't want to use the ABS filament that came with the printer due to the toxic nature of the fumes and not having the proper ventilation setup.