Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    Not bad for first prints. Are these with Simplify3D or some other slicer? What are you using for the source of your settings?
    I used simplify3d and as for the settings go I left everything default except the build area.

First, I assume you're printing with a skirt. Does the skirt always have the zig zag shown in the vase picture? If so, that's a problem. One similar case was due to the x-carriage wheel mounting bolts rubbing on the large gear. The last picture in this post of my build thread highlights what to look for. If the zig zag is unique to the vase, it's just a replication of the bottom layer outer edge of the vase.
    I will check this maybe that's what is going on. Ill report back

Edit: checked my bolts face the opposite direction they are clear.

After that, I'd suggest posting a picture of how your first layer looks before paying much attention to the rest of the prints. Without seeing the bottom of a print, it looks like there are issues to work through regarding either the amount of nozzle-to-bed clearance or nozzle temperature.
    I will post a picture during my next print for the first layers. I also need to find out what the proper distance is. I am using the default temperatures so this may very well need to be adjusted.

Have you calibrated your extruder? That's just another thing you want to do before spending much time scrutinizing print results.
    No I have not is there a good guide to this somewhere?

Thanks for the feedback Ill look into these!
    Last edited by tfast500; 10-01-2015 at 03:07 PM.