Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Captin View Post
    It WILL work through the USB cable also, but that's the worst way to use a 3d Printer because if anything happens to your pc whilst it's printing the whole thing stops. Nothing worse than getting 5 hours into a 6 hour print and the pc goes to sleep and the printer stops printing.

I had a big problem getting the serial ports to work on my pc until I discovered that the replicatorg and also the makerbot software take over the port and keep it open thus blocking any other software from connecting.

Once I uninstalled the makerware software and replicatorg, Simplify-3D worked fine and connected to the printer without issue.

I also find Autodesk 123D Design is a good FREE cad program that exports STL files that Simplify-3D can use.

My 3D prints seem to come out much better using Simplify-3d than they did using replicatorg, but then I am still getting used to the whole thing.

Best thing I ever did was use glass as my bed as for some reason the aluminium heated bed that came with the CTC was warped.
    Thanks for info !
    I may give Simplift3D a try, if nothing better comes out Soon.
    ( At much Lower price )

Yes, must make sure that computer is configured for 3Dprinting.
    Like disabling 'Sleep Mode'.

I had same problem with Makerware locking out other software,
    but found that there is an option in it's pulldown-menu to disable that, before closing it.
    So, it's not a problem if deactivated each time you use it.

We use Autodesk Design and Mesh-Mixer also, they are Great!
    Mesh-Mixer is great for quick and easy repairs and modifications.

I added glass to bed also, works Great !
    I did not know how warped the bed really was , until I added glass.
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 09-26-2015 at 01:01 PM.