Close

Threaded View

Technologist
    Think I fixed my problem. The hotend had too much wobble in it. It has had a slight wobble in it for awhile, but never really bothered my prints, so I was not motivated to fix it. I printed a couple of shims in ABS, but they did not print well. I put a little kapton tape for a shim like I believe printbus mentioned in a post somewhere. What really made it a tighter fit was to put the aluminum plate upside down from what the build guide video showed, but looks like he has updated the way to do that now in a newer build guide. It leaves a little bit of aluminum overhanging on the left side but does not interfere with anything. I might rotate it 180 degrees next time I take it apart as per the new build guide. Here is a before and after photo of a print of a tool holder for a bosch palm grip router on my CNC machine. The after photo is on the left. The before photo weighs 1.56oz & the after part weighs 2.11oz. That sure made a big difference making that hotend a tight fit. I am printing the original problem part now & it is looking really good.
    IMG_8960_800x600.jpg
    Last edited by PyramidDave; 09-29-2015 at 03:04 PM.