Close

Thread: Marlin 1.1

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    What type of LCD Display do you have? There was some clean up of the LCD Panel code and there was a lot of discussion about the fact the knob turned the wrong way from what people intuitively think it should do. There was talk of making it configurable but because of all the other changes going on... It was decided to leave it alone until things settle down.

With that said, if you go into ultralcd.cpp and go to about line # 1248 you will see this:

encoderPosition += encoderDiff / ENCODER_PULSES_PER_STEP;

If you change it to:

encoderPosition -= encoderDiff / ENCODER_PULSES_PER_STEP;

I think everything will work the same except the knob will turn the opposite direction.

On the extra thermistor, I'm not sure what happens when you enable it because it isn't controlling anything. But you can turn it on by just #define'ing a thermistor type in Configuration.h Probably, I would turn on

#define TEMP_SENSOR_1 0

With a non-zero thermistor type and just see what happens. (This assumes you have a one extruder machine) And at worst case, you can add a line or two to ultralcd.cpp to display the temperature if it doesn't just show up by itself.

I have the full graphical LCD (reprap discount). Your fix for the knob rotation worked great though it does apply universally, not an issue though.

Also I was able to set my extra thermistor up for my second "extruder" though I did try to set it up as extruder 4. I ran into a lot of issues in the firmware when I enabled a fourth extruder so I decided to just leave it as number 2.

The benchy came out well but I want to run some more tests after I re-do my travel and printing speed settings. Thanks for all the help so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Carrot_or_Stick View Post
    I have the full graphical LCD (reprap discount). Your fix for the knob rotation worked great though it does apply universally, not an issue though.
    Yeah, I picked the spot where you would only have to make one change. But every function has a macro defining how it behaves. If you want just a few things to be flipped in direction, you can tweak the macros.