Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    I had jamming too from too much retraction. Caused a flattening of the filament which got stuck in the pathway to the nozzle. Solution was to use only one of the two springs that holds the idler to the filament, and, use less retraction.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DPBuser View Post
    I had jamming too from too much retraction. Caused a flattening of the filament which got stuck in the pathway to the nozzle. Solution was to use only one of the two springs that holds the idler to the filament, and, use less retraction.
    using a hexagon hotend... I can see the retraction being an issue... I think the old version of s3d had it set to like 1mm/s and the new version has it set to like 18 or 20, or something like that.
    I took the nozzle off just now and it looks clear of debris. i can clearly see light all the way through.
    However, pushing a piece of filament through from the top still stops before coming out the bottom, which with the nozzle off it should be clear right?

so the hobbed bolt... can/should this be turned around????

reason i ask is you think you would want the grooves going the other way to grab the filament right? can it be turned around? its been a while since i assembled it.