Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
I interpret this to mean the fan is "pushing" air onto the hot end heatsink, which would be consistent with what MakerFarm and e3d both tell you to do. The boxed-in bottom of the i3/i3v X-carriage leaves nowhere for the fan airflow to go except back down onto the print. For ABS, that has led to warping/adhesion problems for at least some people. Flipping the fan around so it pulls air up from the print area, through the heatsink, and exhausting it out the fan helps.
Yes that's right it's pushing air through the hot end sink and into the boxed end bottom of the x-carriage. Thanks for that bit of info I'll keep it in mind going forward and thanks to everybody else for the input as well. The second print with light off plus front & rear plexi walls removed repeated the good results. The inside of the enclosure stayed at 91 degrees fahrenheit. I wonder why I kept seeing such high recommended enclosure temps for ABS? 140 degrees fahrenheit. Perhaps they had a lower hot end and bed temp than my 250c/110c.

Next will be to see how well this setup performs on my large 6"x6" print. This will have to wait until my next day off so I can devote the entire day to it.