Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    You can go pretty fast for travel only moves (120mm/s),
    you can - but it's not a good idea. The sudden acceleration from print speed to higher travel speed actually pulls the still soft filament and leaves a little filament spike behind that the print head can catch. Try and keep travel speed near the print speed to avoid this.

Technician
    Ok so now I have really done it! Switched to a new PLA filament yesterday and everything is clogged! I have tried Geoff’s idea of the flush out, not working, looks like some disassembly is required today! I am going to start with the feeding mechanism,
    are they any videos online of hot end disassembly?

Technician
    Hi All, here are some photos of my journey today, I tore down the extruder assembly, and found some real nasties in there!
    you can see in the images there is a heap of blue PLA filament and white PLA in the other extruder, I wonder if the PLA was melting to early and hence started clogging things up?
    I still have blocked hot ends nozzles, and I am not sure how to dissamble these and clean them I wonder if the Teflon tiube is clogged, if anyone could give me some advice it would be most appreciated! I have read they need to be hot to get the nozzels off, I tried it when it was cold, to no avail
    I am thinking of putting it all back to together again and cracking the heat up to 250 and see if that flushes them, what do you think?

clogged hot end.jpgburnt nozzles.jpgExtruder 0.jpgextruder 1 b.jpgextruder 1.jpg

i get the feeling also if the bed is not level the plastic builds up in side the nozzle?
    Last edited by anthony27; 09-19-2015 at 07:33 AM.

Technician
    Ok so I think I found the culprit of all my problems!
    I have always suspected the bed to be higher on the lft side and I have confirmed why this is!
    the left hand adjustment screw is threaded, hence I could never get the left side to go lower as I could only turn it so much,
    this is a manufacturing fault, wonder if they will replace my dual extruders for me??
    since they are now destroyed from all the nozzle clog repairs, see images attached
    threaded.jpgleft side.jpgnozzlees.jpg

Engineer-in-Training
    Excellent video on cleaning the extruder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmIY9_6s8Ss

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony27 View Post
    Ok so I think I found the culprit of all my problems!
    I have always suspected the bed to be higher on the lft side and I have confirmed why this is!
    the left hand adjustment screw is threaded, hence I could never get the left side to go lower as I could only turn it so much,
    this is a manufacturing fault, wonder if they will replace my dual extruders for me??
    since they are now destroyed from all the nozzle clog repairs, see images attached
    threaded.jpgleft side.jpgnozzlees.jpg

Do you mean the thread were stripped? That sux, but ttill I would think it would be obvious that the build plate wasn't level, the paper test doesn't lie. You can't really blame FF if you operated the printer with an unlevel plate.

One thing to keep in mind is that the leveling screws all interrelate, meaning you may need to adjust the other two screws to get one screw just right. This is especially true of a three point leveling system. Raising and lowering any of the screws also raises and lowers the other points by a smaller amount. So if one is really out of whack it's necessary to adjust the others to get it right.

Technician
    Ah yes of course Hindsight is a blessed thing djprinter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123