Close

Eleven 3D Printer

ISG3D is an online supplier of filament, hardware, and 3D printed objects but they are also working on a unique line of 3D printers. The first, which has been in research and development until they felt it was completely ready for successful release, is the Eleven 3D printer. To be launched on Kickstarter later this month, the Eleven offers a large build plate at 220 x 400 x 400 mm but is still a small enough machine to fit comfortably on the desktop. It is to be priced affordably at $1000, but early birds at Kickstarter can get in on the deal for as little as $750. Read more about the upcoming release in the full story: http://3dprint.com/94723/isg3d-3d-printer-kickstarter/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    looks like another I3 variant.

We've covered Canadian startup ISG3D several times over the past year, during the lead-up to the release of their first open-source 3D printer, the Eleven. The Eleven is now available for the first time, with first shipments expected in January 2016. Read more about the printer and support the Kickstarter campaign at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/99389/eleven-3d-printer-kickstarter/

Engineer-in-Training
    One thing I've wondered about all these single extrusion 'open' frame design i3 is the stability on taller prints. I wonder with such a tall Z axis, without the frame being well supported, is there any wobble in the frame when the X axis/extruder are at the maxim height...

Student
    Yes I wonder the same thing, maybe if L shaped inserts and external corners, and any other buttress triangles where used and they where all metal, it could be made quite stiff, but still having it bolted to something immovable, non deformable has to help.

It's a nice looking unit, but so is the i3 metal for the price, but they all look nicer if you can't see the wires, the direct drive head looks like a brick moving about on the spindley form, only 3 pics on the website so can't really tell much from them.
    Last edited by MechaBits; 10-12-2015 at 09:15 PM.