Quote Originally Posted by 24c View Post
Hi

Following on from the MacBook Pro with Parallels 11 install, running Windows 8.1 Pro & successfully using the Einscan software, I decided to test the new to me Late 2013 iMac with 4GB Graphics Card.

i loaded up Parallels 11 on the new iMac, installed Windows 8.1 Pro and Einscan-S V1.5 software.
Configured desktops so that's 2560x1440 x2 and 800x600 for Einscan-S
Calibrated scanner, and completed a test colour scan.

Screenshots, from screen 1 (OS X), 2 (Windows), & projector (white screen)

Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 01.02.13 (2).jpg Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 01.02.13.jpg Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 01.02.13 (3).jpg

Very smooth and a lot faster than the Early 2011 Macbook Pro, as well as gaining another screen into the bargain, as the newer machine has an extra Thunderbolt port.
I can now work on something else on the Mac platform whilst the scanner does its stuff on the turntable. Obviously when I am doing Free scans I won't be able to do anything else.

Mike

PS The only thing of note, was I disabled USB3 in Parallels, and used a powered D Link USB2 hub to connect the cameras.
PPS You don't need to buy the subscription version of Parallels AFAIK, you can by the standalone versioning instal Visual Studio on this.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib.../jj945424.aspx

Hi Mike, I am in the process of getting my MBP up to your install, currently running Par 10 going to upgrade now too Par 11, I noticed in 10, I could not get the Monitors Extended? is there a trick to this? I use the HDMI cable and it changes my res on my Laptop screen, but when I try to Extend, the same setup as you have, it just reverts back to "Show Only Display on 1"
if there is a trick, please let me know

Thank you
Steve