Quote Originally Posted by 24c View Post
Hugues,

Is this not a lens issue? I only say this because it seems analogous to SLR camera lens distortion.

I've scanned a matchbox sized object that was very square edged and flat, so is not the problem you are doing too large an area. If the surface doesn't have any reference points I can understand it getting confused, and usually this results in a poor texture...but that wouldn't be 6-7mm...

Mike
Could be a lens issue.

Not sure about the reference point though. My test above is with one scan only. The software needs reference points to align 2 scans, but i don't think it needs them for a specific scan. Actually, it got its own black and white stripes.

This morning i made a long 2 hours scan, carefully cutting each of these curled corners ( i could see the curling on most scan actually now that I'm aware of it), it got pretty good, until the moment i click complete and the software crashed on me before finishing the mesh . What a ç%/%ç problem this is. I seriously hope Shining3d is adressing this problem. Lost my morning on this. Frustrating.