Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DrBoost View Post
    I'd sure appreciate that. Does the jaw open? Where can I d'load the file?
    This Skull came from Thingiverse. It is very nicely detailed but it had so many errors in the .STL files it was almost unusable. This Skull is a 3D Scan of a real skull. There are still some errors in the .STL files, but I've got it cleaned up enough it is usable. This version is reasonable enough that Slic3r can slice it and produce the GCode to print it.

You need to use support on the big lower skull piece when you slice it. If you set it so you have lots of interface layers (3???) for the support material it breaks away pretty easily. But it does take 5 minutes to get the support material out of the nose.

I have a hollowed out one I'm working on. I'm making it into a coin box where you take the skull cap off to get inside the skull to stash things.

The Jaw is hinged, but there is no socket for the jaw bone. Instead, I've been just using some strong flexible glue like E6000 or Goop to hold the lower jaw in place. I've been putting a drop of glue on each jaw pivot point and just letting it cure while touching the skull. That lets the lower jaw move, but not as much as would be 'normal'.

Cut_Skull_Pieces_repaired.rar

Technician
    Thanks Roxy.