Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Hello everyone, I've been building 3D printers for a long time now and I thought I might be able to help some of you out. I don't know everything of 3D printing and I like many of you, learn something new everyday. I will be helping to Moderate the site as well as help out wherever I can. I definitely can say that I specialize in Printrbot line-up but, I have designed and built many of my own RepRaps. So if you have any questions or need any help, I will do the best I can to get you printing.

Hello my name is Creghton and I'm currently in the process of designing my own 3d printer, more details will probably be posted in these forums! I've been interested in robotics ever since I was 6, 3D printing has definitely got my interest!

Student

Introduction

Hi! I'm Eddie, and I am a RepRap enthusiast. I finished my phase I build of a Kossel Mini delta bot about a month ago. Since then I've printed a couple keychains and christmas ornaments for my wife and set about planning my phase II rebuild. As sort of a capstone project for the build my wife and I designed this dog bed(http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:209726). The design goal for the rebuild is to allow the bot to be easily broken down to a flat pack for shipping as I will soon find myself RepRapping in Kandahar. Measures to accomplish this are to move all electronics within the base enclosure, mount the extruder to the base as well, modify the vertical carriages to include z-height adjustment, replace endstop mounts to accommodate this, and install biased connectors at the base of each tower to connect the endstop switch circuits. While I'm at it I plan to replace the end effector as I hacked the present one up pretty good trying to get the hot end to play nice with the z-probe and bowden clamp I cobbled together. That upgrade might as well include another four or six conductor connector to accommodate a future tooling quick-change as well as a fan.

I love my delta. It makes me extremely proud to watch it work and if I'm not careful I can lose hours "supervising" it. I'm very glad I decided to disregard the advice I read not to make my first RepRap a delta. It was a challenge trying to get it all together with little to no documentation, but not an insurmountable one. I tell my son often that nothing worth anything in life is easy. That said, I do plan to make my next bot a gantry or a-frame to allow for a heavier tooling or perhaps milling capabilities.

In any case, glad to be here and glad to be counted as a RepRap owner. Good hunting and if I can be of assistance please ask.

Best!
    Edward

Hi All ,

New to this 3d printy stuff and new here ..

Chris Is the name and can be found hiding in the UK , .. Retiring next year so going have plenty of time for fiddling..

Presently straing at a pile of bits from my Junk box and decidiing how to stick them together to form an Extruder for the Home brew Printer thats gradually taking form ..

Using a lot of inkjet/laser parts i've been gathering, but had to stick hand in pocket for the Arduino/ramps/Stepsticks. but all my stepper motors are working , Pity thay are all 7.5 degree ..

But one is going inthe extruder ..

So look out for t lots of dumb questions from me ...

C..

PS .. Actually only got here because I got an Email out of the Blue from Someone calling himself 3dprintman, reckons he's been made Head moderator on here ?? , but he's not in the User list ??

Hello all
    I am a 57 year old truck driver so I dont have a lot of time at home. A year and a half ago I bought a kit from eckertech.com, spent a week putting it together, got frustrated and put it on the shelf. About 6 months ago, I had some time so I pulled it back out and finally got it working so the learning started. I have been going nuts with it ever since. As with all machines, there were a lot of things I wanted to change (added a print cooler, fixed z-axis stop, plus multiple upgrades). I am currently almost finished with my 2nd ecksbot, this one incorporates all the upgrades I did on the first one and now the power supply is mounted on the back and it uses a smart lcd controller, it should be running in the next week. I am halfway through building a wilson machine made with misumi extrusions, and I have the frame assembled for a rostock prisma.
    I have had a lot of fun and some disappointments along the way and will lurk here to help out whoever I can. Feel free to message me, but you may have to wait a few days until I return home for your answer. Happy reprapping.

Quote Originally Posted by haroldj View Post
    Hello all
    I am a 57 year old truck driver so I dont have a lot of time at home. A year and a half ago I bought a kit from eckertech.com, spent a week putting it together, got frustrated and put it on the shelf. About 6 months ago, I had some time so I pulled it back out and finally got it working so the learning started. I have been going nuts with it ever since. As with all machines, there were a lot of things I wanted to change (added a print cooler, fixed z-axis stop, plus multiple upgrades). I am currently almost finished with my 2nd ecksbot, this one incorporates all the upgrades I did on the first one and now the power supply is mounted on the back and it uses a smart lcd controller, it should be running in the next week. I am halfway through building a wilson machine made with misumi extrusions, and I have the frame assembled for a rostock prisma.
    I have had a lot of fun and some disappointments along the way and will lurk here to help out whoever I can. Feel free to message me, but you may have to wait a few days until I return home for your answer. Happy reprapping.

Message of the story is, Buy a kit when ever you can, And one day you will finish it, even if it takes a year ^^

I personaly love Rostocks/Deltas they are lovely to just look at ^^

And starting with a kit, you can learn the ropes with a minimum of frills and then incorporate the frills in your second machine. I think this second machine is a cadilac compared to the original volkswagon

Hello folks.

I got some background in electronics and programming, I've been building my own printer for last several months. I currently finished one of the devices and working on more advance one that will maximise the potential of the RepRap machine.

Hello,

I am writing you from Bulgaria. Does anyone has idea for a big format 3D printer with building area 1000 x 1000 x 1000 mm? Could you please recommend any machine ASAP? Thanks!

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Mitov View Post
    Hello,

I am writing you from Bulgaria. Does anyone has idea for a big format 3D printer with building area 1000 x 1000 x 1000 mm? Could you please recommend any machine ASAP? Thanks!

There are some things to overcome when building something that big. It seems to me a CORE XY could be scaled to that size, however the motors will have to be at least nema 23. With motors that large you will need something more than a ramps board or possibly a very highly modified ramps. You also have to consider time to print as well in something that large. Current slicers seem to crash on very large objects. Considering the size of the printer you also will have to run it much slower than a small machine due to weight. Unfortunetly designing something that prints that big is an exercise in exponential mathematics. It can be done if you reduce nozzle resolution though.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast