Hello my name is papabur and I just signed up with this forum today. I am 28 years old, attend college at P.C.C. here in Portland, Oregon and built my first Reprap 2 years ago...been a full blown addict since. My reprap is a Prusa Mendal and over time I have heavily modified her; here is a picture of it so far:

I found that by resupporting the Z axis, you can remove 2 of the threaded rods from the front which in return, opens up the print area and reduces cost. I have also extended all my wires and run them through a 12mm diam. hole near the bottom of the custom acrylic side panel. Before I did all this though I did a awesome upgrade on my Z axis threaded rods and switched out the standard 8mm rod with some 10mm Thompson threaded linear rod/bushings. I had to create a custom mount in order to get the 3 screw design of the Thompson bushings to attach to the original 2 screws design(thats the 2 yellow parts under the black Thompson bushings..).
To top it off I threw in some red L.E.D.'s to light up the under carriage and presto, my custom reprap. More to come and I look forward to sharing everything I plan to do with a good group of motivated individuals such as you guys! Thank you!