Hi all!

Thanks for your story of your start as I RepRapper, DrLuigi. I use to recommend people interested in building a 3d-printer not only to buy a kit, but also to find and meet an experienced RepRapper in person. Both the know-how and the motivation gets a serious boost that way

I built my first Printrbot Plus march 2013. Been building since then. Ca 13 other RapRaps, kits, self-sourced ones, alone and together with others. Mendel, Huxley, Ormerod, Rostock Max, SmartRap. In the process of sourcing a Morgan and a self-designed one too.

The hardest thing I've done so far is starting and maintaining a 3d-print lab at Umeå University (our wiki). Hard because it meant convincing lots of smart people to invest their time. The printers there are running more or less every day now, printing equipment for the researchers (mostly physics, but others as well) and serving as an integrated part of an undergraduate course for the engineering physics students.

I love engineering, economy, politics, art, evolution, programming and to share with others, so I love the RepRap project. Exponential growth in the number of RepRaps is such a fascinating thought that I use it as a sort of ultimate goal of all my little projects. Eventually I will probably have to prioritize making some money from this hobby in order to be able to continue at the same pace :P

I'm thrilled to be here where people are already convinced that RepRap is worthwile, I should have come to be active here much earlier! I will help moderate this forum and hope it will produce lots of interesting discussions.

Glad to meet you. Read my blog, I will definitely read yours