Close

Threaded View

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Hi again airguy,

i've just finished two scans, with the lights off, but calibrated once, and the same setting with all the previous scans, and this is the medium option, same as the last post, and it's a bit better by quite a way.
    I'm using a twin LED uplighter in an etched or frosted glass bowl in a white room.

one-pass-Stanley-medium-pre-simplicify-no-room-lights.jpg one-pass-Stanley-medium-after-simplicify-no-room-lights.jpg This object is 76x76x32 mm

What is really interesting, is the scanner is picking up visual information now, as the lettering on the tape measure is just a smooth label. I haven't opened the model in Meshlab, 3D Coat or my CAD software yet, as I haven't saved a scan until I get better quality. This is almost as good as the Captain America demo piece from Shining3D

Mike
    PS I've just done a compare with the previous version, and it's definitely a light levels issue. I only noticed the scanner goes through a red, blue & green unphase mask mode now too, and I think the projected light from these LEDs is easily overcome by the room lighting.
    Last edited by 24c; 09-01-2015 at 12:58 PM.