Quote Originally Posted by lakester View Post
I got the 12" on the general principle that I could think of it as an "honest" 10". I.e., I could just print things that had a 10" major axis, and not even be particularly careful about alignment. While these have been fairly rare, it has more or less worked out the way I planned.

What I didn't plan on was uneven heating across the surface of the bed. Generally, I see a significant drop-off in bed temps starting about 3/4 of the way towards the "front" edge (the y-max direction). The front 1/4 of the bed has problems keeping ABS stuck from time to time.

I do wonder if the 8" or 10" have this same problem, and if they do..., if it's to the same degree.

If I had it to do all over again..., I just MIGHT go with the 10". If I were to get a second printer..., it would be the 10" for sure (because..., well..., I've already got the 12", and the 10" would suffice for most of my prints).
I just bought an IR touchless temp sensor for another project. I will check heat disposition tonight on the 10" if I have time. Also do you have anything under your heatbed? I have 2 layers of cork tile from Lowes.