Close

Hybrid View

Technician
    Thanks printbus for all the info. I'm happy to inform that I finally manage to solve my banding issue. . I bought a 3/16 aluminum 6061 plate(a little overkill) And replaced my glass. Also I drilled holes in each corner to fix it with the y plate using spacers with the pcb in between of curse. Since I have abl running already this doest affect my first layer consistency .

This constricted the pcb so it can only flex down on heat cycles without affecting the z height.

My print quality now is great. So definitely the heated bed was causing my banding .

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by pichuete View Post
    Thanks printbus for all the info. I'm happy to inform that I finally manage to solve my banding issue. . I bought a 3/16 aluminum 6061 plate(a little overkill) And replaced my glass. Also I drilled holes in each corner to fix it with the y plate using spacers with the pcb in between of curse. Since I have abl running already this doest affect my first layer consistency .

This constricted the pcb so it can only flex down on heat cycles without affecting the z height.

My print quality now is great. So definitely the heated bed was causing my banding .
    Can I ask how much space do you have between your Glass and PCB?

Engineer-in-Training
    I figured as much, I may go ahead and order one of the MK3 bonded heat beds and being done with it. So basically to fix the issues with the 12" printer you have to rework the Y bed assembly. The majority of the problems I have had with mine are related to the Y bed. Everything from inconsistent Z axis homing, first layer issues, banding, to Y axis crashing.

I would be hesitant to tell anyone to buy one of the 12" printers without getting the aluminum bed and also doing something with the heat bed itself.

Quote Originally Posted by pichuete View Post